Time to Listen
if you are interested in the course below, please contact the Regional Coordinator:
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below
Time to Listen Training course
Date: Friday 5th October 2018
Time: 6pm – 9pm
Venue: Nottingham Samworth University Academy.
Book your place on our Multi-sport TTL today or email Michelle for details - email@example.com.
England Netball Time to Listen Training for Club Safeguarding Officers
What is Time to Listen?
Time to Listen is a 3 hour workshop developed by the Child Protection in Sport Unit specifically for Club Safeguarding Officers. The workshop has been adapted for netball and uses practical examples and case studies to enable you to fully understand your role in the club and England Netball and how you can effectively safeguard young people in your care.
What will be covered on the course?
The workshop includes the following areas:
• What is an aware club
• Involving young people in your club
• Legislation and government guidance and how it relates to your role and England Netball
• The roles and responsibilities of key people in the safeguarding process including your role as a Club Safeguarding Officer
• England Netball’s reporting procedures
• How to develop best practice in your club
• How England Netball can support you and your club in safeguarding
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at Club Safeguarding Officers only and you must have already attended a Sportscoach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children course (or equivalent) as Time to Listen builds on this prior learning.
There will be opportunity at the workshop for you to share your experience in this role and with the facilitation of trained tutors with both safeguarding and netball experience you will find this an interesting and valuable course that will really help you to fulfil your CSO role.
What resources are available?
Every delegate will receive the following:
• England Netball ‘Be Safe Good Practice in Safeguarding Resource with all supporting EN policies
• CPSU Time to Listen course booklet
• Time to Listen poster
• An attendance certificate
How much does the course cost?
The course is free to attend but we do ask that you pay a £30 deposit to secure your place. This will be refunded during the course.