What is CAPS?
CAPS has been introduced by England Netball and Sport England to help develop a stronger netball club structure. CAPS is a whole club development scheme, and by working through the scheme it will assist your netball club provide the best quality environment for your members. The scheme is directly linked to Sport England’s Clubmark scheme and it’s all about good practice in the development of players, coaches and umpires at all levels. CAPS accredited clubs are recognised as safe, effective and child friendly.
In line with the Clubmark award, CAPS focuses on four key areas that impact Netball clubs:
• Duty of Care and Child Protection
• Coaching and Competition
• Club Management/ Administration
• Sports Equity and Ethics.
CAPS brings many benefits to participating clubs:
• Players, coaches and umpires are offered a clear development pathway for club members (players, coaches and umpires)
• Community links are created and strengthened
• Helps to attract more members, expand a club’s volunteer base and spread the administrative workload
• Increased possibility of securing funding or better facilities.
• A strong regional and national network of support and communication
CAPS offers Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of achievement, highlighting further development work whilst ensuring that all clubs have the chance to shine.
CLICK HERE for details about how to register
CAPS Assessment Dates
Please speak to your Netball Development Officer for more information about submitting your folder